1. Links based on user action
There are two ways to create a link between sequences based on user actions:
- From the storyboard: Click on the white semi-circle below any sequence and drag the arrow onto your target sequence. Wonda VR creates a link between theses two sequences and automatically adds a transparent hotspot in the source sequence.
- Within the Sequence Editor: Select an element (image, text or hotspot) other than a spherical media and select a target link from its properties panel.
2. Automatic links
You can set an automatic transition between two sequences. So that at the end of one sequence, the next starts automatically. Users don’t have to interact with the program to see what’s next. With this feature, you can add more fluidity to your project. To do so, create a new link between the two sequences on the storyboard and tick the "automatic transition" option in the properties panel
Note that automatic links can be used to create loops between two identical sequences
3. Link to current or specific Timecode
By default when you create a link between 2 sequences, users jump to the beginning of the sequence (i.e timecode=0). You can modify this behaviour by ticking the “seek to” box. Then you have two options:
- Seek to current time Code
When the user triggers a link, he jumps to the target sequence at the exact same timecode of the current sequence he is in. This option is useful for synchronised multicam experiences for example.
- Seek to Custom Timecode
When the user triggers a link, he jumps to the target sequence at a timecode of your choice.
4. Link to an external website
You can link any elements from your Wonda VR project to external websites. The target website will be opened in a new tab and you will be able to continue exploring the Wonda VR project either if it has been launched in a web browser, or in the Wonda VR mobile app.
Links to external websites are only activated in the web browser and in magic window on mobile. If you explore the Wonda VR project in VR mode (Cardboard, Gear VR or Daydream) the link will not be activated.
NB: Note that for the Hotspots, only the Transparent one is available for the moment but the other buttons will be available soon.