With Wonda VR it is possible to instantly view your project in your favourite HMD such as the Oculus Rift, HTC Vive or Windows Mixed Reality using the Wonda VR WebVR player.
Once your Oculus Rift or Windows Mixed Reality (PC only) or HTC Vive (PC + MAC) is correctly set-up, you can view your Wonda VR project in the Firefox web browser. Just click on the VR icon which appears in the bottom right corner to instantly stream the project with the HMD.
This can be done for both local and online projects. Note that the project is still visible on your main screen allowing you to mirror the project viewed on the HMD.
For Windows Mixed Reality, you will need to run the experience whilst using the HMD with SteamVR.
- Firstly, be sure to correctly setup Windows Mixed Reality.
- Install Steam and login/ create an account.
- Install SteamVR. Launch Steam with your headset plugged in and you should see a prompt instructing you to install SteamVR. Follow the on screen instructions.
- If it isn’t installed automatically (seen in the Steam library), install Windows Mixed Reality for SteamVR.
- After everything is installed, when you launch a Wonda VR project in the Firefox web browser, SteamVR should automatically launch and a prompt will tell you it is ‘Ready’. The VR icon will then be available in the bottom right corner of the web browser.
If you have some trouble using your Oculus Rift, verify you followed these required steps:
- You connected the required cables of the Oculus Rift headset and sensors to the PC.
- Opened the Oculus application on the PC and made sure each component of the Rift is connected (headset, controllers and sensors.)
- Set-up the Oculus Rift’s components, followed the on-screen and in-headset step-by-step instructions.